Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
he posted a 22-7 record, a 3.OEIRAS, Portugal
PRETORIA, South Africa -- The chief lawyer for Oscar Pistorius on Tuesday sought to show at the athletes murder trial that he had a loving relationship with the girlfriend he killed, referring to telephone messages in which they exchanged warm compliments and said they missed each other. Cheap Panthers Jerseys . The testimony contrasted with several messages read out in court at the request of the prosecution a day earlier in which Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp argued in the weeks before he fatally shot her. In those messages, Steenkamp told the double-amputee runner that she was sometimes scared by his behaviour, which included jealous outbursts in front of other people. Defence lawyer Barry Roux noted that the tense messages amounted to a tiny fraction of the roughly 1,700 messages that police Capt. Francois Moller, a cellular telephone expert, extracted from the mobile devices of the couple. Roux noted a Jan. 19 exchange in which Reeva sent Pistorius a photo of herself in a hoodie and making a kissing face, followed by the message: "You like it?" "I love it," Pistorius said, according to the message. "So warm," Steenkamp responded. Roux was also granted permission to show CCTV video, earlier broadcast by Sky News, that showed Pistorius and Steenkamp kissing in a convenience store. And he asked Moller to read out a Jan. 9 message from the model to her athlete boyfriend. It read: "You are a very special person. You deserve to be looked after." Chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel questioned the relevance of showing the convenience store video, saying he could ask for a courtroom viewing of another video, also broadcast by Sky News, that shows Pistorius at a gun range, firing a shotgun and using a pistol to shoot a watermelon, which bursts on impact. Nel also said that many messages of affection between the couple were brief, in contrast to the texted arguments, which were far longer and dwelled on their relationship in greater depth. Earlier, Moller said Steenkamp connected to the Internet on her cellular telephone hours before Oscar Pistorius killed her. She made the connection just before 9 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2013, and the connection lasted for more than 11 hours, possibly because social media programs were still open. Pistorius fatally shot her shortly after 3 a.m. through a closed toilet door in his home. "If an application is not closed, it will carry on running," Moller said. Pistorius fatally shot Steenkamp in his home the early hours of Valentines Day, and Mollers extraction of data also shed light on what appeared to be a frantic series of phone calls made from one of Pistorius cellular telephones after the killing. They include a call to the administrator of the housing estate where Pistorius lived at 3:19 a.m. on Feb. 14, a call a minute later to an ambulance service and a call a minute after that to the housing estate security. The phone that was used for those and other calls was only handed over to police 11 days later, Moller said. Police analysis also showed that a five-minute Internet connection was made on Pistorius telephone from 1:48 a.m. on Feb. 14, a little over an hour before he killed Steenkamp. Moller did not specify whether the connection was manual or automatic. Moller said he received as evidence two BlackBerry phones, two iPhones, two iPads and a Mac computer from Pistorius house the day after Steenkamp was shot to death. Prosecutors allege Pistorius killed Steenkamp after an argument. Pistorius says he killed her by accident, mistaking her for an intruder in his house. Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys . Patrick Deslisle-Houde and David Rose each scored in the second to give the fourth-seeded Redmen a 3-1 lead after Jean-Philippe Mathieu scored in the first. Cheap Panthers Jerseys China . Roma has a game in hand but now second place is even at risk for the capital side as Napoli moved to within three points with the win. "The result is not always fair," Roma coach Rudi Garcia said. "If we play like this until the end we will win many matches. http://www.cheappanthersjerseyselite.com/ . Halladays resume as a Blue Jay is among the elite in the franchises 36-year history. Over 12 seasons in Toronto, he was named an All-Star six times. He had arguably the finest campaign of his career in 2003 when he posted a 22-7 record, a 3.OEIRAS, Portugal -- Carlos Berlocq stormed back to beat top-seeded Tomas Berdych 0-6, 7-5, 6-1 and win the Portugal Open on Sunday for his second career title. The Argentine shook off his poor start to prevail in the two-hour match on outdoor clay by converting seven of his 10 break points. "Its a very strong, very beautiful feeling," he said. "It was a very special match for me. I didnt have any pressure to win and its not my culture to conform to expectations. "To win a title, and against a top-10 player, carries double merits. To close the match the way I did was very emotional." Berlocq earned a crucial late break in the second set to turn the match in his favour before breaking Berdych four more times to win the decider. Cheap Panthers Jerseys Authentic. "In the second set, when I changed my tactics I saw the ball better, committed less errors and it opened the door," Berlocq said. Berlocq beat Milos Raonic in Fridays quarterfinal for his first win over a top-10 ranked opponent, and two days later he added his second by bettering the sixth-ranked Berdych. "The first set looks easy, but it doesnt show what was going on," Berdych said. "Carlos is a big fighter and he completely changed his game, finding a way to win." The 31-year-old Berlocqs only other career title came last year at Bastad, Sweden. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '